Sunday, February 24, 2008

National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

The National Eating Disorders Association is celebrating National Eating Disorders Awareness Week from today, February 24, through March 1st. One of the ways they are celebrating:
The key message for National Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2008 – “Be comfortable in your genes. Wear jeans that fit the TRUE you.” – ties into NEDA's signature event, the Great Jeans Giveaway.

This is something that is great for women with or without eating disorders. If you are waiting to live your life until you fit into those too-small jeans, DON'T! Give them away, get jeans that fit and enjoy the life you have now.
There's all kinds of information there, so click around and check it out. I don't know anything about any of the sponsors listed, since I've not had an eating disorder (other than dieting and that's as disordered as I ever want to have been), so YMMV about what is said and recommended. I'm hoping Rachel and Harriet will chime in here with their opinions, since they know so much more about EDs than I do and I value their input.
But I have another favorite saying now: Wear jeans that fit your genes!

4 comments:

  1. I think Joy Nash said it best on "Fat Rant": get rid of clothes that are too small! They're just taking up space, and pissing you off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I went through mine not long after I got married and anything that didn't fit and was still in good shape went to the thrift store. If it wasn't in any shape to be worn, it went into the trash. Now I need to go through and get rid of stuff I haven't worn in 6 months or so because I probably won't be wearing it in the next 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny - I don;t WEAR jeans! LOL

    I haven't wprn jean since I was a size 18. (An they were tight.)

    But Joy Nash DID put it best - we're older women, Vesta - we have LEARNED not to care. So bless her - she says lie NOW. And that's what I'm doing, purple girl. I juwt bought cute fun top - what color you think it is? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhhh.......could it be........purple? LOL Rock it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. If you're a troll and trying to slander someone or just being generally an asshat, your comment probably won't see the light of day. If you want to have a reasonable, civil discussion, welcome, and feel free to comment.
To the troll at IP: 70.242.65.196 , adsl-70-242-65-196.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net, your comments will not be published, nor will they be read. They will be automatically deleted. Get a life, sad sack.