Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday Fluff: Winter in any cold state


WINTER Poem

It's winter in Illinois
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.

Oh, how I love Illinois
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Illinois
I'm frozen to the ground!


My aunt in Illinois sent me this, but I can tell you, it applies to Minnesota too (or any other state that has had zero and below temperatures this winter).

2 comments:

  1. Oh MAN. I should replace "Illinois" with "Maine" and stick that up somewhere! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first heard that about 4-5 years ago as "Springtime in Alberta". It's a spoof sung to the tune of Ian Tyson's "Springtime in Alberta".

    Just substitute "Alberta" for "Illinois" and "springtime" for "winter" and you pretty much have it.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is enabled. If you're a troll and trying to slander someone or just being generally an asshat, your comment probably won't see the light of day. If you want to have a reasonable, civil discussion, welcome, and feel free to comment.
To the troll at IP: 70.242.65.196 , adsl-70-242-65-196.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net, your comments will not be published, nor will they be read. They will be automatically deleted. Get a life, sad sack.