Friday, January 16, 2009

A couple of minor rants

Rant #1
Had some grocery shopping to do today, so went to our local Super Wal-Mart. Now I've complained about them before (poorly stocked, cramming flimsy bags so full you end up with groceries all over the driveway), but today, well today took the cake. I went in at 1:30 p.m. and what are the employees doing? Taking all the stock out of all the refrigerator cases and cleaning those cases. Now, I know this has to be done periodically, and I agree that it needs to be done. But not on fucking Friday afternoon when a lot of people are doing their weekly shopping. I needed butter and margarine (I found the butter in one of those long freezer cases) but no margarine (also no cottage cheese or sour cream). I was told to come back in 20 minutes, they should be done by then and everything would be put back where it belonged. Yeah, right. I did the rest of my shopping, browsed clothes and books, and one hour later, they were still pissing around (and I say that because no one was cleaning or stocking or anywhere in sight).
Why the hell couldn't they have done it after midnight, when hardly anyone is shopping? I realize they don't have a lot of staff working nights (try finding someone to check you out if you go in there at 3 a.m., hell, if you go in after 5 p.m. any night of the week, you'll be lucky if you find 2 checkouts manned, let alone anyone to help you find something that has been moved for the umpteenth time). But they don't know how to ask dayshift employees to volunteer to do this late at night? Or is it because Wal-Mart is too fucking cheap to pay overtime or extra incentives to get people to do extra work outside of their regular hours? Maybe I'm just getting crotchety in my old age, but that just totally pissed me off. I went across the street to our local Coborn's and bought the items there that I couldn't get at WM because they were so busy cleaning the refrigerator cases. I paid more for them than I would have at WM, but it was still less than the gas it would have taken me to make another trip later on.
Rant #2
I ordered this bra from Woman Within. I thought I had finally found a pretty bra that would fit my rack of doom. Boy, was I ever wrong. It's pretty all right, but the lace is so flimsy it wouldn't support a D-cup, let alone support a G-cup. And the fabric on the sides and back might last through 3 wearings and one or two washings, but I wouldn't bet on it.
What is it with bra manufacturers? Do they not realize that bigger tits are not only just bigger, they're also heavier? Just because a bra supports smaller tits doesn't mean it's going to support bigger ones if you just make the bra bigger. You have to use firmer, better quality fabrics (and flimsy stretch lace is NOT supportive, neither is that sheer stretch mesh you use for the sides/back). I bitch about having to pay $35 for a bra, but the ones I usually pay that much for last me a couple of years, if I buy 3 of them and alternate wearing them. The bra I linked to, I'd have to buy 7 of them so I could wear a different one every day of the week, and I'd still be lucky if they lasted 6 months, let alone a couple of years (and no, I don't ever dry them in the dryer, I wash them on the gentle cycle in the washer with the hooks done up so they don't catch on anything). So I guess I'll go back to buying/wearing my industrial, plain bras that do support the rack o'doom and give up on finding something sexy in my size (52H/54G in sexy and supportive does not exist, my friends, it just does not exist, at least not for the amount of money I can afford to spend).
Other than that, life is good. Colder than a welldigger's ass in January (33 below zero at 1 a.m. this morning when I finally went to bed). I will be glad when winter is over (I'm tired of shoveling the path in front of the door and DH is tired of snow-blowing the driveway and driving home from work in snowstorms). We have 18" of snow in the yard, and it's piled almost 3 feet deep around the driveway from where the snowblower has thrown it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is enabled. If you're a troll and trying to slander someone or just being generally an asshat, your comment probably won't see the light of day. If you want to have a reasonable, civil discussion, welcome, and feel free to comment.
To the troll at IP: 70.242.65.196 , adsl-70-242-65-196.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net, your comments will not be published, nor will they be read. They will be automatically deleted. Get a life, sad sack.